Wednesday

Riddims

I can't remember how I came across this "dude", but it seemingly happened.  That happens often when I am indiscriminately surfing the webs. (I feel like someday soon that phrase "surfing the web" will become extinct.  Its already endangered.  Google is damaging our fabricated internet vocabulary environment/economy. Maybe not?) Nonetheless, I find myself frustrated, sweaty and exhausted, having blacked-out for the last thirty minutes with nothing to show for my time, except two half-read articles on The Economist, half a liter of undigested milk, apparently, waging a battle in my upper intestines and some strange hipster/electronic artist staring at me as if he is about to hunt and eat me like a tiger from out of my browser screen.

Either way, somehow, I came across dj/producer Myd.
Straight from French label Club Cheval's website:

"Myd is a fresh young Dj and producer based in Lille, France. Discovered by the Sound Pellegrino Thermal Team, Myd is playlisted by the biggest names in the techno/electro field. Mixing African rhythms and techno melodies, Myd is producing some high quality and funny tracks. So far Myd has been remixing bands like Dakunt, Maskinen or We Are Enfant Terrible. Myd’s tracks are recognized as top dancefloor tunes by numerous Djs such as Brodinski, Sinden, Radioclit or even Solo. Myd is currently working on new tunes and he will certainly conquer your heart and your feet."


Draw on facial hair at your own risk.


And I should note for the record that, in context, it it sometimes more appropriate to refer to 'African Riddims'.  It even has its own wikiedia page.  I'm glad we got that settled.


Myd is on French label Cheval and recently, up-and-coming Marble Players. His music (a asarce number of originals with a hefty quantity of remixes thus far)  bring a different sound than Marble counterparts Bobmo and Surkin.  With less of the repetitive treble highs and a powerful, bass-driven beat, you get the dirty-dirty of club music accompanied by the high pitched 'Riddims' reminiscent of african-inspired South American music.

Like the steel drums.  Or the accordion.  No, it's more of the club sirens inspired by those instruments.
Czech his remix of Les Gillettes' funky banger entitled 'Carl Lewis' out.  And here for info on the Carl Lewis.
  Les Gillettes - Carl Lewis (Myd Remix) by Myd
There are more than a few really great remixes to this silly song. Check 'em outs, here.

I wonder how many people in a packed Brazilian nightclub(disco's they call 'em.  Ridiculous.) have actually run out of the disco when sirens blare in a song.  "Holy crap, the disco's on fire!" No doubt that no one, ever, has done this.  But I live in a make believe world.  It's all about the air-horn nowadays anywhos.  For airhorn, check out Germany's own Schlachthofbronx.  Giant air-horn.

Now, if I could only find more Cowbell.

In all seriousness, Myd's remix of Kitsune's own Two Door Cinema Club is fantastic:
  Two Door Cinema Club - Come Back Home (Myd Remix) by Myd
I feel like there are a lot of high school girls who would like Two door Cinema Club.  Like an tween Artic Monkeys.

Lastly, Myd's first single for Marble Players, Octodip:
  Myd - Octodip by Marble Music

...But, this one's my favorite right now.  Enjoi!i!i!
    Swick - Be Stupid (Myd Remix) by Myd


Disclaimer:  Myd is NOT Manhattan Young Democrats.  Thank you.

More Myd under Marble Players:
 Octodip EP Marble Music MRBL004 by Take Your Pill

No comments: